Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Das Racist: 4/5 Bits

Artist: Das Racist















Album: Shut Up, Dude - Sit Down, Man
Genre: Hip-Hop, Indie

I became aware of the New York duo Das Racist yesterday when a friend linked me his song "Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell" which to be frank is just for laughs. I decided to check out his two newly released mix tapes though to see what he was all about. I was quickly turned on. The first thing I noticed was a brilliant variety of sampling done throughout from Herbie Hancock to The Doors. Their lyrics next grabbed my attention. Varying from tongue in cheek racial lines to them simply rhyming a series of words into others with no purpose other than to provide brilliant wordplay. The beats are simply fantastic; Given the list of producers including Diplo, you knew it would be. I highly recommend these as they are freely available through Das Racist's bandcamp site. I've decided to upload them myself since the tagging on the albums was terrible.


Both receive 4/5 Bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment